We Replace Fear & Uncertainty with Hope & Knowledge
Thank you for considering The Shafer Center for Early Intervention programs to help your child realize his/her fullest potential. We look forward to meeting you and your family and encourage you to review the information below so you can familiarize yourself with our admissions process. If you have any questions, we’re happy to help you.
Our Admissions Process
Follow the steps toward creating your child’s future success!
- Call: Give us a call and talk to our Director of Admissions about our programs. We would love to answer any questions you have and get to know you and your family.
- Schedule: Schedule a time to come in and meet us. We will be able to give you a tour and learn more about you and your child.
- Complete: Please complete the downloadable application form Application for Admissions (1086 downloads) so we can best design your admissions meeting to see which programs may be the best fit for your child.
- Meet: We take the stress out of navigating the early intervention process. Visit us for a tour and the Admissions Meeting that provides us a play-based opportunity to meet you and your child.
- Discuss: After the Admissions Meeting, you will leave with a comprehensive and individualized recommendation plan for your child.
Click here to download our admissions application or email us your questions by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Checklist 062314
This downloadable PDF checklist will help guide you so that you can make an informed decision regarding your child’s programing when visiting The Shafer Center for Early Intervention or any other schools and covers topic relevant to programs, staffing, facilities and parent communication.
Come See Us in Action
We invite you to come for a tour and see our programs for yourself. Please schedule a time with our Director of Admission to observe the program of your choice. Once your child is receiving services, you will be able to return and observe them in their program. Many of our treatment rooms are equipped with video cameras and can be viewed live from our offices. There’s only so much an IEP can address so our families find great value in this unique service because a picture (or video in this case) is worth a thousand words.